Ensuring the reliability of the systems
AREVA provides maintenance services for all the electrical systems and instrumentation and controls in nuclear power plants.
Field Report #7: Fleet Safety
Experience shows that very unlikely events occur and that plant operators need efficient systems to safely shutdown their plants and to remain in control in case of an unexpectedly complex sequence of events.
Find out how AREVA is helping utilities demonstrate the safety of their nuclear fleets, while reinforcing public confidence.
The safety of a facility and its availability require electrical and instrumentation and control systems that are stable and reliable in all circumstances. AREVA services and tests the electrical and instrumentation and control systems used for operation and safety:
- Instrumentation and controls for mining operations, reactor protection, sensors and transmitters
- Instrumentation and controls relating to safety: Reactor protection, reactor power limitation, reactor controls and control rods, reactor instrumentation and radiation control systems
- Core instrumentation: Measurement of neutron flows, temperature measurement
- Electrical systems: Protection of turbo generators, transformers, clutches, emergency diesel generator sets, etc
- The electrical maintenance of reactor coolant system pump motors and emergency pump motors
- Electrical maintenance of transformers and switches.
A service adapted to the needs of each customer
- Regular inspection and maintenance services during unit shutdowns.
- Global long-term maintenance solutions for systems and subsystems.
- Component life cycle management solutions, including maintenance and repair.