The supervisory board, an oversight body
A constant eye on the group's management
The Supervisory Board is required to meet at least once per quarter.
- Continuously oversees the Executive Board’s management of AREVA
- Reviews the Group’s overall strategy
- Approves annual budgets and multiyear plans of AREVA and of its direct subsidiaries
- Delegates authority to the Executive Board to conduct transactions in accordance with the bylaws and applicable regulations.
Fifteen members, including 5 independents*
Members of the Supervisory Board are appointed by shareholders, except five employee-elected members and representatives of the French government.
The Supervisory Board is made up of fifteen members appointed for five-year terms, four of whom are independent members.
Members appointed by shareholders
- Jean-Cyril Spinetta* - Chairman of the Supervisory Board - term: 2011-2016
- Bernard Bigot - Vice-Chairman of the Supervisory Board - term: 2011-2016
- Christophe Béhar - term: 2011-2016
- Sophie Boissard - term: 2011-2016
- François David* - term: 2008-2013
- Christophe Gégout - term: 2011-2016
- Agnès Lemarchand*- term: 2011-2016
- Guylaine Saucier* - term: 2011-2016
Members representing the French government, appointed by ministerial order
- Claire Cheremetinski - term: appointed on March 26, 2013 for the remainder of the term of her predecessor, which expires in 2016.
- Pascal Faure - term: appointed on January 29, 2013 for the remainder of the term of his predecessor, which expires in 2016.
- Marion Guillou - term: resigned, appointment in progress.
- Pierre Sellal - term: 2011-2016
Members elected by and representing, employees
- Jean-Michel Lang - MELOX - Term : 2012-2017
- Françoise Pieri - SOCATRI - Term: 2012-2017
- Philippe Pinson – AREVA NC – Term: 2012-2017
Pierre Charreton, Chief Administrative Officer, General Counsel, is the secretary of the Supervisory Board.
Claire Terrazas, VP Corporate Legal Department, General Counsel for Corporate Governance and Finance, acting as Assistant Secretary to the Supervisory Board.
* Independent member