AREVA Forum, a platform for customer dialog
AREVA / GROUP
December 07, 2012
Over 50 nuclear technology experts from leading European utilities (representing notably Germany, the Netherlands, Finland, Sweden, Spain, the Czech Republic, Bulgaria and Slovenia) met at AREVA’s German headquarters in Erlangen for a two-day-workshop, to discuss today’s industry main safety imperatives and to hear about AREVA’s solutions to help utilities meet their new challenges.
This event follows a series of customer seminars and meetings, including the AREVA Executive Meetings, and the Safety Alliance Seminars held by the group over the past two years within the framework of its Safety Alliance* program, launched in 2011.
The AREVA Forum focused on:
- Innovative answers to the challenges of fuel supply;
- Efficient outages with leading-edge technologies for non-destructive testing;
- Safety system upgrades for nuclear power plants; new approaches in system monitoring and diagnosis; and a manufacturer’s approach to the European Safety Assessments;
- Decommissioning and Dismantling.
The attendees also participated in an Innovative Solutions Technology Tour. They had the unique opportunity to visit AREVA’s technical center in Erlangen and some of the group’s testing facilities, including AREVA’s primary system testing facility (PKL), the test field for instrumentation and control systems, and a vibration lab.
"This continuous dialog with our international customers shows that AREVA remains a strong partner for utilities worldwide,” said Stefan vom Scheidt, AREVA’s Managing Director in Germany. “This dialog helps us to further develop our range of customized products and services to help utilities meet their ever-increasing safety objectives. With our unique product portfolio and our extensive expertise, we are committed to contributing to nuclear power plants’ long-term safety and operational performance."
* AREVA’s Safety Alliance program has been developed to help utilities demonstrate the safety of their nuclear plant fleets and meet ever-increasing safety standards. The Safety Alliance program assembles a comprehensive range of products and services, notably to ensure resistance to and rapid recovery from major natural hazards. It also comprises a dedicated R&D program and series of international as well as regional customer seminars to help identify and develop the solutions that will meet our customers’ future needs.