LFI: transportation of radioactive materials
Founded in 1982, Laurentides Forwarders Inc. (LFI) is a Canadian company that specializes in the international transportation of Class 7 (radioactive) materials. TN International, a subsidiary of the AREVA group, has a 25% stake in the company.
LFI offers a comprehensive range of transport services including:
- international transport by air and by sea,
- cross-border transport by truck,
- complete documentation services,
- permit and authorization provision for the transportation of radioactive materials,
- insurance coverage (liability for transport),
- transport management,
- storage, loading and unloading of containers,
- 24-hr emergency response,
- Canadian authorization of foreign shipments.
LFI’s on-site personnel and international agents are highly-experienced. They have undergone training to ensure optimal processing, documentation & recording, and deliveries of all cargo.