NETEC: the global technical center for non-destructive examinations
NETEC was created in 2007 and is an international technical center specializing in non-destructive examinations. It carries out all base technology R&D in this field, as well as the development of sensors and equipment. AREVA's NETEC sites are spread across France, Germany and the United States.
On the strength of its extensive experience and leadership in the field of non-destructive examinations in the nuclear industry and drawing on large-scale programs through Intercontrôle (France), IntelligeNDT (Germany) and AREVA Inc. (United States), NETEC aims to:
- reinforce AREVA’s technological leadership in non-destructive examinations for nuclear power plants,
- become a global skills center for technologies related to non-destructive examinations for the entire group, enabling stronger and more responsive technological developments,
- increase R&D efficiency and AREVA’s creative capacity, by integrating ideas from France, Germany and the United States to develop global solutions in non-destructive examinations for our customers throughout the entire world and for the nuclear industry in general,
- further integrate international resources, developing non-destructive examinations within AREVA's Nuclear Services business unit, in order to further improve its product offer with regard to customer needs,
- improve the design capacities for sensors in order to increase performance while at the same time reducing manufacturing costs and lead times.