The Greenergy Box™: AREVA’s reliable, low-maintenance, environmentally friendly energy storage solution
AREVA’s Greenergy Box™ is the only device of its kind in the world. Consisting of an electrolyzer and a fuel cell, it stores hydrogen and oxygen generated by water electrolysis when power demand is low and recombines them to generate electricity when power demand is high.
Grid stabilization / emergency backup
Faced with growing demand for electricity and the development of micro-production, distribution systems are becoming unstable, particularly during peak periods.
The Greenergy Box™ improves the quality and reliability of the distribution system:
- by allowing load and peak leveling;
- by guaranteeing emergency backup supply to industry, telecom operators, data centers and business districts during unexpected power outages.
AREVA’s Greenergy Box™ is the only device of its kind in the world. Consisting of an electrolyzer and a fuel cell, it stores hydrogen and oxygen generated by water electrolysis when power demand is low and recombines them to produce electricity when power demand is high.
Solar and wind farm management
Intermittent renewable energies generate significant power generation fluctuations that are stumbling blocks to their widespread incorporation into the grid. The Greenergy Box™ makes it easier to incorporate renewables:
- by leveling power generation with a rapid charge/discharge capacity;
- by adjusting its operation to follow consumption peaks and valleys.
At isolated sites where access to the grid and logistics are difficult or costly, the Greenergy Box™ coupled with renewables offers a self-contained power supply solution for:
- new economic areas, particularly those developed at the initiative of local communities;
- tourist areas and island spots;
- isolated industrial and technical sites such as in the oil, gas and telecommunication industries.
The current trend of investing in clean energy and the deterioration of certain sections of the grid have encouraged the emergence of business and residential microgrids.
The Greenergy Box™ makes it possible to:
- transition immediately to house load operation;
- stabilize the microgrid;
- use a smart charge/discharge cycle for the optimum use of renewables.